Thursday, March 25, 2010

A new 'do

New for Courtney, anyway. I used to 'do' this kind of 'do on Jess's hair when she was much younger, but it's probably been 15-20 years since I've 'done' it. French braids. I've been wanting to try them again on Courtney's hair for quite a while. Tuesday seemed to be the right day.

Soooo... how to get a little wiggly 3-yr-old to sit still long enough for such a project? I decided to show her a little online demo video. She thought that was pretty interesting, and she wanted to have Grandma do that to her hair. I warned her she would have to sit very still, and she said she would. So then it was off to the bathtub and a shampoo. And here she is in all her curly glory!

I'll admit that I'm rather rusty, and the fingers aren't as flexible as they used to be. Also, that fine, slippery hair was a challenge. But I think it turned out okay, for an experiment for both of us. Courtney did very well. She was coloring or something at the time, so there were a few wiggles and head turns, but she was VERY patient and didn't mind sitting that long.

I'm only going to show you a close-up of the better side. ;-) I did the other side first... twice. It's kinda bloopy. But I got better as I went along. (Lori, don't look too close!!)

Hopefully with more practice (and more of Courtney's patience), I can get better at it.

Beautiful hair, huh? (And I don't mean the 'do.)

2 comments:

Becky said...

I am so jealous of anyone with lush thick hair like Courtney's!

You did a good job there GG. She looks fab!

Grandma G said...

Thanks!