The photos were also taken quickly, and the colors are WAY off, especially on the one above. The red is really a deep red-orange, kind of a cross between these first 2 pics. The fabrics are the same, believe it or not!
I used a tutorial I found here, mainly to get the template for the top, since I didn't have time to make one up myself. I didn't cut the towels in half, like the tutorial said, because they weren't that thick, so I just folded them in half and tucked the center folded area into the hanger part. The towels are microfiber, so hopefully they'll hold a lot of moisture, even though they're not very thick.
The colors in the photo below are more accurate. Weird how the camera does that, isn't it?
The package arrived right on time, too, and it was waiting for J&A when they arrived home from Virginia where they spent Christmas visiting Alex's sister and family.
Our internet connection is still agonizingly slow at times, so blog posts may be hit and miss until it gets fixed. Uploading photos just doesn't work well. So if I don't show up here... hopefully I'll be sewing! I have a new project started - yay!
Courtney was here yesterday. School let out at 12:45, just as our Winter Storm was starting. We got several inches of new snow that (as of this writing Mon. night) was just waiting for the wind to come up, which it was forecast to do. And the temperature is supposed to plunge down to minus 15° tonight and a high of minus 7° on Wednesday. Ugh! It still works for sewing, though! ;)