Thursday, March 12, 2015

Screen shots

Saturday was the day for photos! I happened to notice a different bird in our evergreen trees behind the house. I grabbed the binoculars, and with them I saw the pink color, so then I grabbed the camera and quickly attached the telephoto lens. I took these shots through a screen, just in case the bird left before I could get the screen off, and it's a good thing I did, because it was quickly gone.


The reddish-pink patch on its head was interesting.


The color told me it could be a house finch, but in looking in my bird book, and then at my photos once I got them onto the computer, I determined that it was a male common redpoll, which is another type of finch. I don't think I've ever seen one before, so this was kinda cool.

2 comments:

annie dee said...

Never heard of or have seen this guy before. Cool!

Grandma G said...

But Annie Dee... he's so... common! Ha ha.