Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cooking (and eating) with Courtney

Sorry, I'm again bypassing the birthday pics... because I haven't had time to do anything with them yet, and because I wanted to show you this first!

Courtney and I tried something new and fun for dinner (lunch, if you're from the city) yesterday. We made Spaghetti Dogs!

First we poked uncooked spaghetti through cut-up hot dogs:

That was very fun. And easy!

Then we covered them with water and cooked them.

And voila!!!!

Gross? Maybe! LOL

Since I didn't want to open a whole jar of spaghetti sauce just for this little bit, I decided to use ketchup instead. It worked just fine.

Delish, right? ;-)

Notice that I did provide her with a fork, but....

No, I didn't make her strip down to eat them. She got hot, so she took off her sweatshirt. Brrr! It barely made it to zero outside yesterday!

But it turned out to be a good thing she took it off:

It washed off just fine.

She ate all but one dog, and we topped it off with fresh fruit. YUM!!

I got the idea for the dogs here. Thanks, Megan!

(P.S. Grace, that IS a fresh braid. ;-) And the rest of the nice clean hair was only tied back to keep it out of the ketchup.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly a Minnesotan dinner. For years I have been trying to teach the correct order of meals so for those of you who need to learn here is the correct order.

Breakfast, lunch (mid-morning), dinner (noon), lil'lunch (mid afternoon), supper and a late nite snack.

Also the meal you made confirms that in Minnesota you only need 3 spices to cook. Salt, pepper and ketchup! It doesn't get any better than that.
Mark

Grandma G said...

Ha! Bet you don't get by with that when you're cooking in CA! ;)