Monday, January 9, 2012

Bendaroos

Grandpa and I gave Courtney a set of Bendaroos for Christmas.  She brought them along the next Tuesday so she and I could make something with them.  In case you've never seen them before, they are little wax-coated bendable "sticks" that you... well... 'bend'... into all sorts of shapes and objects.


There are instructions for each object plus templates you can use.  We decided to make the butterfly.  Here's how ours turned out:


I don't know if I'd recommend Bendaroos, though.  They don't stick together the best.  It does help if your hands are really warm, but I don't think the finished object would hold together very well with much handling, unless it was maybe something more solid than this butterfly.  He went home with Courtney in a ziplock bag, and I haven't heard how he fared.  Also, your working surface and your hands end up somewhat waxy.

2 comments:

JHNickodemus said...

My mom used to keep them in her purse for waiting at restaurant time. Ours were called sticky wicks though. Maybe different?

Grandma G said...

According to Bendaroo reviews on Amazon, Sticky Wicks are similar but stick together better... but they also leave more sticky residue on your hands.