Thursday, January 12, 2012

Zipper fun

I bought some more zippers from the Etsy shop, Zipit.  They have a huge selection, and the prices are wholesale!  It's just hard to decide what to get without specific projects in mind, so I went with another "assorted selection".  These are longer than the last ones I got, so I should be ready for anything.  Or I can just look at them, since they're soooo pretty. ;)


Those two orange ones are for something I'm working on right now, however... which is why I placed the order to begin with.  Then to get my money's worth from the shipping cost, I added the other selection, which was at a sale price.  Plus I had a discount code for 15% off the entire order, so I think I did pretty fine!

Along with your order, they always include one of their zipper pulls, which the husband designs.  They have a big variety of those in the shop, too.  Pretty and fun, don'tcha think?


Oh, and I was experimenting in my photo tent again, too, before I took it down to make room to actually SEW in my sewing room.  (Wow, this current project is the first thing I've sewn since before Christmas!!) Above I used a white background, and below is on black.


Which do you think looks best?  My camera definitely preferred the white.  It told me there wasn't enough light with the black one.  But I made it take the picture, anyway. ;)

The Zipit seller also decorates her packages with cute tape.  Fun!


As usual, you can click on any photo to enlarge it for a lovelier view!

1 comment:

Live a Colorful Life said...

I think I have purchased from this same place. The zippers look awesome on the black background. it's like the colors are more vivid or something. so I have beautiful colorful zippers, and can't decide what to do with them. *sigh* I used to put zippers in all the time when I was sewing my own clothes. So why do they intimidate me NOW? Weird...