Monday, January 16, 2012

Young author at work

Last Tuesday, Courtney decided to make a book!  Here she is, just getting started:


Earlier she'd come across this little book that Jess had made for me... many years ago!


She thought it was so cool that she wanted to make one of her own.  I helped her get some pages and a cover ready.


She then proceeded to draw some tiny pictures, cut them out, and glue them into her book.  After that, she started dictating things she wanted to write.  I spelled them out for her, and she wrote.  (I was occupied with something else at the same time, so I just hope I spelled everything right.  I didn't get a chance to do a proofread!)  When Daddy picked her up, she had a few pages left and was going to finish them at home and bring the book back next time to show me.  So if she remembers, I'll take some pics to show you, too!  She won't be here till Thursday this week, though, so be patient! ;)

To be continued.... hopefully......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that is just so damn sweet.

Notice I had to add the "damn" because a guy should not be affected by this kind of thing.

Dale

Guys are supposed to be concerned with tracters and things.

I'm not kidding the verification word is tracters.

Grandma G said...

Okay, I'll let you get by with that this time, Dale. ;)

"Tracters"... funny. :)

Live a Colorful Life said...

Haha. That word verification IS pretty funny!

What a great idea with the little book. I can hardly wait to see what she dictated.

JHNickodemus said...

Too cute! Those mini things are just plain fun! Those books would make cute valentines!

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

So cute! I love the look on her face as she's getting started.
x Katherine