Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Perfect combo!

I had a Filtron cold brew coffee system on my Christmas list this year, and since I didn't get one, I decided to spend some of the $$ I did get, plus a $25 Amazon gift card I won, and buy one for myself.  Am I glad I did!  It makes the BEST coffee ever!!  And put that into a mug that has my favorite-little-girl-in-all-the-world on it, and it's definitely a perfect combination!


Here is another site that explains more on how the system works.  I love it!  It makes enough concentrate for around 45 cups, will keep up to 6 weeks in the refrigerator (or it can be frozen to keep even longer), and it requires no electricity! So once I've made a batch, all I have to do is heat some water to enjoy a cup of coffee, instead of filling the coffee maker, etc., etc.

I've made cold brew coffee before.  (In fact, I have a recipe if anybody wants to try it out.)  So I knew I would like it.  But it took some messing around straining the grounds afterwards, etc.  This just simplifies the whole process and of course makes a BIG batch!

Starbucks, you just lost a customer!  Okay, so there is no Starbucks out here in the boonies, anyway, so no great loss.  Ha!

4 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

I have never heard of this. But I go through 1 1/2 of the small coffee pots a day. I know--I'm addicted. This looks amazing. And your mug is too cute!

The Luedtke Family said...

That is the most interesting coffee product I have seen!

Grandma G said...

I neglected to mention that cold brewing removes the acid and bitterness of regular coffee. And it only takes about 1 ounce (2 Tbps.) of concentrate for a mug that size!

JHNickodemus said...

"no Starbucks out in the boonies" made me laugh!