Monday, August 13, 2012

A peek into the world of a pattern tester

Just for fun (and because I still haven't dug out any more vintage hand-sewn garments yet), I thought I'd let you have a look at part of my pattern testing process. Since this bag has quite a few parts, which makes for many possible color/fabric combinations, I decided to make a list of everything needed, to be sure I didn't forget anything. Here it is:


For me, one of the hardest parts of any sewing projects is deciding which fabric(s) to use. And since I still have a pretty good supply of Jess's fabrics, I have so much to choose from! Obviously, from all the scratching above, I changed my mind a few times. And that was after I'd finally decided on the main outer fabric! That wasn't the final list, either... I made more changes after I took the picture. But it's all decided now, and almost all cut out. I'm looking forward to getting at the sewing, which is the fun part!

Yeah, I'm slow (as you probably already know). I wish I could just take a whole day and do nothing but work on a sewing project. But I'd better get at that basket of Grandpa's very dirty clothes now......

3 comments:

annie dee said...

Looks complicated!

Grandma G said...

It's probably not as complicated as it looks, yet it does take being organized, what with so many pieces. Of course I had to go and make it more complicated by using four different fabrics, when I could've simply used two. But I like a challenge. ;)

The Luedtke Family said...

Now that is a list, planning, and organization! It's actually my kind of style! Only I'd go and make a chart of it!