Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pattern testing

The next pattern I get to test arrived yesterday! Yay! This time I'll even show it to you ahead of time so you'll know what I'm working on. Here's the cover page of the pattern (click on the image to see it larger and read the fine print, if you want).


There are also some larger, more detailed photos of those bags here.

If you're interested in learning a little more about what goes into writing a pattern, you should read LiEr's post from yesterday. Pattern making a long process! I also enjoy how LiEr writes, with a bit of humor added here and there.

Sooo... I'll be busy for a while, and I might not be posting here regularly. At least you'll know what I'm up to. I did have an idea, though, for some things to post that I can (hopefully) do quickly. I still have some garments that I sewed many years ago, things that I put so much time into making that I hated to part with them when they were no longer worn, so they are still hanging in closets. I thought it might be kind of fun to show them to you. Are you interested?

7 comments:

The Luedtke Family said...

Yes, I am very interested. Right now I am saving most to everything my Mom makes for the kids as well as my items made for them. I've wondered how will they really look years down the road.

I thoroughly loved Simon wearing my Dad's little boy coat. I girl-ified it for Norah without ruining it.

Curious to see.

Grace said...

Yes, I would love to see some vintage clothing. You can see my collection of vintage clothing anytime you see me out and about. I still wear them. And yes I have the dress hanging in the spare closet that I made and wore for three of the four kids baptisms. How is it we find it so hard to part with the hand made garments that we sweat over making? I did cut up a lot of old hand made outfits and put them into quilts for the kid's beds many years ago. Bring on the pictures. I'll bet you could still model them too. I however would not fit into mine anymore.

annie dee said...

Yes please. Do show us! Thanks

MaryAnne said...

I am so excited about LiEr's pattern!

And I'd love to see what you made years ago that you could not bear to part with!

Grandma G said...

Grace... let's say I can get 'into' them, but they're not exactly a comfortable fit anymore. ;)

Live a Colorful Life said...

Yes, please. That would be fascinating. Starting in high school to the first five years of our marriage, I made 95 percent of everything I wore. I didn't save a single thing...

Live a Colorful Life said...

P.S. That bag pattern looks great. I might have to contract with you to make one for me. Because as you know...I am not a bag lady!