Thursday, August 2, 2012

Another online friend in real life

For me, one of the highlights of our weekend in the Twin Cities was getting to meet for the first time another online friend with whom I've been corresponding for quite a while. Between the wedding and the reception on Saturday, Jess, Alex and I headed off to Baker's Square for a visit with LiEr and her husband, Dave, and their girls Emily, Jenna and Kate. They turned out to be every bit as delightful as I expected them to be... such a lovely family... and we had a great visit (and yummy pie).


Here are Jess and I with LiEr and the girls.


Alex, who was manning my camera, didn't make it into the photos. Boo.

The girls are so cute and so sweet. They're also normal kids and got a little restless before the grownups got done visiting, so I asked them if they'd each draw a picture for me. They love to draw, and went right to work. Here are the drawing gifts they gave me.


Unfortunately, there were only two colors of crayons on our table, yellow and brown. Kate ended up with a yellow one (above), so her picture was pretty pale, but some editing at least made it show up a little better. Very cute, huh?

Jenna's picture (below) was of two butterflies getting married! Love!


Emily drew the very hot sun we've been having for so long. It's beating down on an unhappy cloud and making it sweat rain! (We did get .94" of rain last night - HURRAY!!)


Thanks, girls! I love your pictures!

I will soon (that's a relative term) be testing another pattern for LiEr! And of course I'll show it to you when it's done. Meanwhile, I have nothing in the works at the sewing machine! Don't worry... I'll think of something!

3 comments:

annie dee said...

Love the art. Great shots of happy people too!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Great pictures. Your dress is really pretty. I really like Jess's dress too, but it looks good on her because she is tall and slender.

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Cindy. Yeah, Jess's dress wouldn't have looked nearly that good on me! :)