Friday, September 28, 2012

Another Triple-Zip Pouch

It was a busy day again today, but I managed to finish up another pouch! This one is Courtney's, made from her requested blue, green and pink.


I went a little crazy and made the linings out of blue, green and pink, too. :)


Three pouches in less than a week.... must be some sort of a record for me!


Really, they're so fun to make that I could make a dozen more! They may just be the most fun sewing item I've ever made.

I was lucky enough to have my little recipient/model arrive via the school bus again this afternoon, so she agreed to let me take a picture of her with it. Sort of.


And then I got this:


It has to be something to do with being FIVE!! Ha! Anyway, she loves it, and she was quite cooperative in playing by herself while I finished it up after she got here.

10 comments:

Debbie said...

ok, this is seriously TOO CUTE!! I'll bet you can make them w/o the tutorial now, huh? Just darling....showing them all off on a post soon...

Grandma G said...

Thank you! Yeah, I think I probably could make them without the tutorial... but I'd rather be safe than rip stitches. ;) I'm thinking of trying one more with quilting cotton, just to see if it makes a big difference on the upper corners. I know my zipper foot will be happier going over the tabs with thinner layers!

Jessica Jones said...

Those photos are GREAT! Love that one, too, for a little girl. :)

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Jess!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Your triple zips are the cutest! Well, next to your awesome model, that is...

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Cindy! I do agree about the model! :)

Caca said...

cute

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Caca!

LiEr said...

OK, I want one. Can you make me one? Please? They are SO cute. In fact, I should probably make some myself. Three, since I bet the girls will want one each. They will be perfect (but must enlarge) for the girls' journaling getups: journal in the big pocket and markers/pens/stickers in the side pockets. Maybe for the Singapore trip. Yes. that will be the plan.

Grandma G said...

Sure, LiEr! I'm happily addicted to making them and would love to have an excuse to make more. :) I am, however, willing to bet you could do it yourself. ;)