Thursday, September 27, 2012

Triple-Zip Pouch

Hi! I'm back... sorry for the absence. I just got really busy with other things, and I also kind of ran out of photos to post. But now I have photos, and I can also show you some of what I've been up to! I've been doing my bag lady thing again. I ran across a sweet tutorial here for a Triple-Zip Pouch. Debbie's looked so cute that I couldn't resist making one myself! Here it is:


And then I couldn't resist making another one!  Here it is:


Aren't they cute and fun?!


The fabrics, of course, are from Jess's Outside Oslo line.

I plan to use the first pouch to hold my rotary cutters, extra blades, etc. It's the perfect size!


I'm going to gift the second pouch to a friend. And then I'm going to make another one! For guess who? Yeah, you probably guessed... for Miss Courtney. She requests hers to be blue, green and pink. :) I'll show you when I get it done.

I wrote a little review of the tutorial for Jess's blog. If you're interested in a few more details, hop on over there and see all my exclamation marks! :)

Linking up to Amylouwho's Show & Tell...

6 comments:

The Luedtke Family said...

Very neat pouches. Your zipper collection sure came in handy for this little project!

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Becky! Yeah, I'm really glad to be finding uses for all those colors!

Auntie Kris said...

Awesome pouches. When I saw the rotary cutter peeking out of the pouch, I thought, "Holy Cow, that's big!" Then I noticed the other cutter at the bottom as I scrolled down and realized the first one must be a tiny rotary cutter. Whew! I have several zippers that need to be made into something. I just may give this a try... How long did it take to make the first one? I know just selecting the fabric may take me an hour.
Thanks for sharing this cute project!

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Kris! Ha - yeah, it's a pretty little pouch... about 7.5" across. I should've taken a pic with my little model on Tuesday for size perspective.

How long? Sooo hard to say, because I multi-task too much... y'know, checking email, reading a blog here and there, etc., but it's easily doable in a day. Deciding on the fabrics definitely took a while! I laid out so many different combinations! Cutting goes fast, since it's only a bunch of little rectangles. The sewing takes maybe 2-4 hours. I'm a slow, easily distracted sewer, though. ;)

Debbie said...

whoa - your pouches are absolutely darling! And the fact that you made them using MY tutorial - ? Well, that makes me as pleased as can be! Thanks for trying the tutorial - so glad you are enjoying it!!

Grandma G said...

Thank YOU, Debbie! :)