Thursday, May 6, 2010

I stopped to smell the ro...

... er... lilacs! As I was mowing yesterday. I had to mow under and around them, so since they were so close to my nose, I did stop every little bit to take a whiff. Mmmmm!

(Click to enlarge. Wish I could give you the fragrance to go with 'em!)

Yes, I did mow yesterday. I waited till nearly 5:00, hoping the horrific winds would calm down some. They did some, but not much. But looking at the weather forecast, I figured there wasn't going to be a better chance (or a warmer one) in the next few days, because rain was supposed to be on the way. So I bundled up and did it. At least I didn't blow off the mower! And I was glad for every bit of winter clothing I had on, including boots and fleece-lined gloves. I actually didn't start to get cold until the last 10-15 minutes of the 2-hour job. So it was successful. And I'm glad I did it.

Now today I can work on my chicken family! :-)

2 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

Lilacs are my FAVORITE flowers. We can't really grow them successfully here--not enough freezing weather. :)

Grandma G said...

That's a shame about not having enough freezing weather! ;)