Monday, June 10, 2013

Lilac snow

I took these photos last Sunday, June 2nd. The lilacs were at their peak, looking and smelling gorgeous!


I just noticed that bit of blue sky. We sure haven't seen much of it since... or all spring, for that matter. I am soooo Vitamin D deprived!!


I played with camera settings a bit:


Here's what a week of off-and-on rain, and then all-day rain Saturday, with heavy rain Sat. night did to those beautiful bushes:


So much for the pretty flowers. Still beats the white stuff, though, doesn't it?!

6 comments:

annie dee said...

Oh gorgeous! But as with a lot of spring blooms, gorgeous for just a moment. Nice photos!

The Luedtke Family said...

My absolute favorite flower - so pretty with the best aroma! Love, love, love the lilacs!

Jessica Jones said...

I can almost smell them. So lovely.

Grandma G said...

Thanks! I wish you could really smell them! :)

JHNickodemus said...

Oh lilac's are lovely! They're so fantastic and pretty! I have a tea party china pattern called lilac lane. Luke and I have so many allergies though that we'll likely never grow them.

Live a Colorful Life said...

I'm coming to visit when your lilacs are blooming--my VERY favorite flowers!