Friday, June 14, 2013

Robins update

Here are my final shots of the robin babies. I took these on Monday. The next time I looked in the nest (Wed., I think), they were gone. Two weeks. Kids sure grow up fast nowadays, don't they?


The green growing things were all gone, but it looks like mama robin added some grass clippings to the edge of the nest.

There were still three of them, although you can only see two beaks. The color is also off, but I didn't hang around long enough to do camera adjustments. I didn't want to scare them out of the nest prematurely.


Their mama's been working hard taking care of her young'uns. Here she's looking a bit frazzled and grumpy, certainly in need of a spa treatment, and deserving one, too, no doubt!


Not looking any better here. Maybe a towel would help?


I think she hears her hungry babies calling... again. Guess it's time to get back to work, whether she feels refreshed or not.


Okay... I really have no idea if this is the mama of those babies or not, but it made for a good story. ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These birds are so gosh darn cute, Love all your pictures!

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Mikayla!