Monday, March 17, 2014

Poor Josie

I took Josie in to the vet this morning. She'd been limping slightly on one front leg for several weeks. I couldn't see or feel anything wrong, and I kept thinking (hoping) it'd get better on its own, but instead it's gotten worse recently, so I figured I'd better get her in and get it checked out. I called the vet clinic this morning and was able to get her in in only an hour, which was a nice surprise. The vet couldn't feel anything, either, so they did x-rays. All they could find was a bit of arthritis in her elbow joint. She's not quite 4 years old yet, and seems too young for that, but I guess it is what it is. So now she'll be taking a glucosamine/chondroitin supplement... plus pain meds for a couple days because of the stress to her leg getting the x-rays. Poor baby.

Here's a photo I took of her a couple weeks ago. It was such a lovely portrait, but somehow Blogger messes it up! I've tried uploading several different times, and it always turns out the same. She looks pale and sickly here, doesn't she? Well, that's probably how she's feeling about now, even though she doesn't really look it. Just imagine the black areas on her as being VERY BLACK, and her eyes bright and lovely.


**SIGH**   BLOGGER, QUIT MESSING WITH MY PHOTOS!!!!

1 comment:

Jessica Jones said...

Poor Josie!

Regarding photos, there's now a setting in Google+ called "enhance photos" or something like that. It is checked on by default, and I had to go uncheck it (even though I don't use Google +). That fixed things for me on Blogger.

I also noticed the post preview photo is crappy, lower-res quality than the actual published post lately, though on my last few posts I forgot to pay attention, so maybe that was temporary.

It's always something.