Monday, July 28, 2014

Ever try tasting a toad?

Bert found a new toy! It was ugly, but sooo much fun!

It did all sorts of funny things...

... when you batted at it.

Let's see how it tastes.

A bit weird, if you ask Bert.

He shared his new toy. (Take note of his exiting. Remember it.) Purrl liked it, too.

Betty gave it a... "love pat?"

And a push...

And a flip...

Georgie got into the act, too.

He sniffed... but he didn't taste.

At that point I took pity on the poor toad and carried him to safety. (So far I haven't acquired any warts on my hand.)

Now... remember Bert's exit? He went under the deck. It seems that ol' toad didn't taste so good.

Notice his little foamy "beard"?

Poor little guy foamed and drooled for about 5 minutes. I think he learned a lesson. Hopefully he won't ever try tasting a toad again. At least he was the only one dumb brave enough to bite it. :)

2 comments:

annie dee said...

Poor Bert. Love the photos though.

Grandma G said...

Thanks. I'm afraid I laughed as I felt sorry for him. ;)