Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pretty potential

Look what arrived in the mail yesterday!


And this:


I'm getting into the sewing mood again. Well, it's not that I haven't been in the mood, but it seems like there just isn't much time for sewing this summer... too many other things that need to be done... mowing, gardening, mowing, kittens, mowing, etc., etc. Not to mention mowing. But I've really been feeling like sewing lately, and I've gotten Pixie Faire's free patterns every Friday, so I've been wanting to make some more American Girl doll clothes, just for something fairly quick to sew up. However, when trying to choose fabrics for some of the outfits, I realized that I don't have a lot of fabrics that I haven't already used for doll clothes. So last weekend I thought I'd try to find another grab bag of fabrics for some good variety. I was in luck!

I ended up at Stitchin Away, where I ordered a grab bag of ten ½-yard pieces. There was the option of choosing a theme or color scheme, so I asked for small fun prints for making doll clothes. I think they did a fabulous job of selecting the fabrics for me (top photo)! I was very pleased, plus they were on sale for the holiday weekend, and there was also a holiday code on their Facebook page, so I scored good!

I also couldn't resist getting a grab bag of their grosgrain ribbons (2nd photo) in kid prints. I have no idea what I'll do with them at this point, but they sure look fun. I haven't even unrolled them all yet to see what they all are, because I didn't want to have to roll them all up again... but I've peeked a lot and I liked what I saw. ;)

I started a little project with some other fabric while Courtney was here Tuesday, but only got one seam sewed so far. I almost made it back to the sewing machine yesterday. Hopefully today......

2 comments:

happyone said...

The fabric is beautiful. Nice bright and happy colors.

Grandma G said...

Agreed! I love them!