Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Project completed

If you remember this post, you know that I was working on another sewing project. My former Etsy boss asked me to make a bag out of her fabric for a Christmas gift for someone (who does not read my blog, I'm sure). I'd hoped to get it done by Thanksgiving, since she was going to be here that weekend, and I made it. Literally.

The pattern was a bit more complicated than the other bags I've made, but it wasn't difficult to make. It just involved a little more work, because it was fully interfaced. It turned out very well, and since the fabric is canvas and the interfacing was fairly heavy, it made a nice, sturdy bag.

It can be used either as a shoulder bag or a backpack.

It has a buttoned pocked on the outside (top photo), a divided pocket on one side on the inside,

and a zippered pocket on the other side. It closes with a magnetic snap.

I enjoyed making it. I also enjoyed giving my new brother a workout. He finished all the seams and trimmed off all the frayed edges in the process. I love him!

Now I've got to get busy doing some sewing for Christmas gifts for myself to give! Unfortunately, I won't be able to show them to you until after Christmas.

5 comments:

JHNickodemus said...

That is one sweet bag! It looks just a bit more "finished" than mine. I couldnt get my sewing machine to happily go through all the layers I had at one of the corners. So I needled it myself with embroidery floss haha. Love your "bosses" fabric!

Grandma G said...

Thank you! Are you saying you made a bag from the same pattern? Yeah, all those layers end up pretty thick! I really appreciated my 40-yr.-old workhorse of a Kenmore... it never balked at those thick seams at all.

Anonymous said...

Bottom 2 pictures.

I think you should name it the hungry cyclops.

Dale

Grandma G said...

What were you drinking before you arrived here, Dale??? ;)

Anonymous said...

Just tea.

Honestly, I swear.

Well, sometimes I do swear.

Dale