Monday, October 15, 2012

Neat 'n Tidy Zippered Pouch

Here's my latest sewing project. It's from Erin Erickson's latest tutorial. It's called Neat 'n Tidy because it has no raw edges inside. In other words it's lined, unlike some other little pouches, for example her little Circle Zip Earbud Pouches that I made here.


Yes, it's very little!


It was simple to make, and her instructions were easy to follow. I used Jess's fabric, which is home dec weight, so I skipped the interfacing. It worked fine, although it made sewing through all the layers attaching the pull tab a bit challenging. Next time I'd use a lighter fabric for that part.

Erin is also the pattern-writer for the Two-Zip Hipster bags I made here and here. She does such a great job of explaining things clearly. I love her patterns and tutorials!

Linking up to Amylouwho's (virtual) sewing room:


1 comment:

Live a Colorful Life said...

This is so cute. The other day I did a zipper like this on a pillow back and I really liked how it turned out. Made me wonder why I dread zippers so much!