Monday, April 29, 2013

Courtney's first prom

For the last several years, our local women's group has sponsored a Father-Daughter prom. It's always held the day after the high school prom, to make use of the decorations. This year was Courtney's and her daddy's first time attending. It couldn't have been a nicer day for all those little bare shoulders - it topped out at 84°!

This is the walkway for the Grand March. I was seated directly in front of it, which was nice, but I was a ways up in the bleachers, and it was kind of dark, so the pics aren't as good as I'd have liked them to be. Oh, well....


I don't know what the theme for the h.s. prom was, but it must've had something to do with butterflies. There were a lot of them.


Here are Courtney and Daddy, way off in the distance from me, waiting their turn for the Grand March.


Okay, here they come....


Daddy was really nervous... look at that sweat stain on his shirt!

Oh, wait... it was only a shadow. In the next shot it moved to his arm to look like a burn scar. Ha!

Here they are, posing for 2 seconds for photos. No retakes here. ;)


There was time after that for a brief visit with the couples before the rest of us got kicked out for the big dance. Here's my best shot of Mommy, Courtney and Daddy. Sorry, Daddy... you're out of focus, but I like the pic, anyway. :)


Then Daddy made an "oops". He caught Courtney's heel with his shoe, so there were a few tears. But at least here you get to see her pretty wrist corsage that matches her dress so perfectly!


Everybody tried to cheer Courtney up again... but she milked it for all it was worth. Heheh.  Daddy finally convinced her to go out on the dance floor with him.


Okay, so he had to 'hold' her while dancing. Note the pout. ;)


But then I think it got to feeling pretty good, snuggling in Daddy's arms.


So Grandma and her camera left. Ahh... kids. ;)

While I was waiting for my pair to take their turn, I did a lot of practice shots on other couples, to make sure I had the focus, etc., set right. I found the outfits of the daddies rather interesting. There were everything from full suits, to cowboy hats and boots...


... to faded jeans and caps... to pink ties and matching sunburned cheeks (yes, it was 75° and sunny on Sat., which I'm sure a lot of daddies took advantage of to get rid of downed tree branches, etc.).


But I think this guy gets the prize for... something... maybe "busiest daddy"? He brought FOUR daughters to the prom. He literally had his hands full!!


All in all, it was nice... and hopefully a good daddy/daughter bonding time. ;)

5 comments:

annie dee said...

That's really a wonderful idea to get a second use out of those decorations. And oh man - the proud dad and daughter are ever so cute - er I mean handsome - er I mean good slash great looking!!! Lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Precious moments!
Gwen

Grace said...

Very nice pictures. A treasure of memories.

Anonymous said...

Ditto to all the above.

Dale

Thanks for sharing those wonderful pics.

Live a Colorful Life said...

What a fun time! Good memories for sure.