Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dolls and photography

As I'd mentioned earlier, Courtney didn't have school on Monday, so we got to have a whole day together for a change. We don't get to do that very often anymore! The first thing we did was have a little treasure hunt, where at the very end, she found my new American Girl doll. She was delighted, to say the least. Here's the first pose with both of the dolls.


The dolls were definitely the highlight of the day. The first thing we had to do was change their outfits. So here they are in each other's clothes:


How 'bout another shot? We have to get the full effect of Marie Grace's hair!


We combed their hair before doing photos. I'm very glad I got a doll with short hair. ;)

Courtney happened to have brought her camera along that day, too. She had fun taking pics of our "girls".


She really got into it!


I think she's going to be a great photographer someday. She already takes some very good pictures!


She's pretty handy taking pics with phones and iPods, too. :)

3 comments:

Grace said...

Now if you can teach her to sew like you and take pics like you we will have a very talented granddaughter.

Grandma G said...

Aw, thanks, Grace! She'll be getting her cooking and flower gardening talents from you! :)

LiEr said...

Good morning!

I'm finally getting round to regular routine i.e. reading blogs, clearing email and avoiding chores. Good to be back here and catching up on the new AG wardrobe. Some serious fashion going on here!!!! That red Tshirt-and-jeans ensemble (previous post) is so cute! And such a great fit. And I think I might have that same embroidery stitch on my nofrills machine, too! So the double needle works well then, huh? I keep thinking about whether to use mine on E's new swimsuit (yes, I'm still looking ahead to the non-frozen months) or not. Maybe if I don't keep trying to use my double needle as a makedo coverstitch, I'll actually get nice results, like your perfect topstitching on those jeans.

Also can't get over how huge those amaryllis thingies are. They're gorgeous! But when I saw the blooms in the earlier post, next to C's head, I thought you'd been tinkering with your photoeditor and making some magically-cool superimposed images. We don't have such gigantic flowers in the tropics where I grew up, except maybe the Rafflesia Arnoldi which stinks of rotting flesh. Which is probably not what you wanted to hear first thing on the weekend. Ick.

Hope you're having a nice weekend (flower horror story aside). The sun (and warmth) is supposed to be out tomorrow! Yay! Begone, vile snow!