Friday, April 26, 2013

Kindergarten program

Courtney was in her spring kindergarten program yesterday. We (Mommy, Daddy, other Grandpa and I) were in the balcony in a semi-dark auditorium... not a good setting for picture-taking.  But I had my SLR camera along and actually managed to get some fairly decent shots (and a lot of awful ones, too), although it took me most of the program to get the focus and lighting right. The few I took of the first graders afterwards were much better. Of course.

How's this for a bored-looking lineup... waiting for the program to begin? :)


Okay... time to perk up!



Singing one of the songs....


... and a couple more in action:



This last shot is on their way out of the auditorium. Courtney looked so sad... I think because she couldn't see us where we were sitting, and she may have thought we didn't make it to her program. We connected up afterwards, though (and even got to see the newly hatched chicks in her classroom), and she came home with me!


The kids were all so cute!

4 comments:

annie dee said...

Adorable. That's a big class! Lots of kids.

Anonymous said...

Did Courtney show her classmate to do the binocular thing?

Dale

Grandma G said...

Haha! I don't know. I never made that connection till you mentioned it. :) Courtney should've done it herself... maybe she'd have seen us up in the balcony then.

Live a Colorful Life said...

I love that first picture!