Saturday, January 9, 2010

Why do I do this?!

Why do I go out and nearly freeze my fingers off to take pictures of all this nasty WHITE stuff?! I do it for YOU, my faithful readers! Well, for those of you in warm climates who seem to enjoy them so much. Those of you around here probably would prefer to see something else. ;-)

Okay, I'll be honest and say that I do it for myself, too, because I do think it's all awfully picturesque. But boy, it was COLD out there tonight! There was just enough of a breeze to go with the still-below-zero temp that the fingers numbed up instantly.

It was also starting to get a little too dark. Why did I procrastinate so long to go out to get the mail? Ha! Wouldn't you procrastinate, too, knowing how COLD it is?

Anyway, I did it... as fast as I could... so on with the show.....

Actually, I think the "duskness" made for kinda nice pics, now that I look at them again. The pink clouds add a nice, touch, too, don'tcha think? The sunset was quite pretty, but it would've meant a little too much facing into the wind, and my fingers had had enough.

I like what the wind did around this evergreen below. Nature's creativity!

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

6 comments:

JHNickodemus said...

Sooo TECH-nically you didn't go out for us...TECH-nically you went out to get the mail!

Grandma G said...

Hey, that was a perfectly good post... why'd you have to go and complicate things? ;)

TECH-nically I was killing two birds with one stone, okay? But I WANTED to take the pics. As for the mail, it was just one of those daily have-to things, y'know? The mail was hardly worth going out there for, but the pics were much more valuable. :)

Now behave yourself and tell me what a cool photo that last one was. ;)))

JHNickodemus said...

Haha Okay okay technicalities are awash anyway when it comes to blogs. And yes, they are beautiful pictures! They're still making me cold though. Im starting to feel a little seasonal affective disorder...but I guess the beautiful sunny days compensate? How does one go outside and enjoy those? Will you get very many of them?

Grandma G said...

I think the beautiful sunny days aren't quite long enough (not to mention frequent enough) to compensate. SAD... yep. How do I go out and enjoy those days? I take more pics on the way to get the mail and feed my cats. ;) Others may go snowmobiling, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, etc. I also enjoy the sunshine coming into my house. :) But even looking out the window when it's sunny these days requires sunglasses because the sun is SO BRIGHT on all that WHITE!

Auntie Kris said...

Wow! that's a lot of snow... just like I remember from when we were kids. I how the snow drifts into such neat snow sculptures.
Stay Warm!

Grandma G said...

If you ever get down here to have your Christmas, Kris, you can check out snow sculptures yourself. Maybe you'll have to have Christmas and Courtney's birthday party together!?