Sunday, May 6, 2012

Morning sights and sounds

We've had close to 4 inches of rain in the last 48 hours!  Things are pretty soggy, to say the least. The drought is definitely over!

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

You can see we have an abundant supply of dandelions. The good news is, the heavy rains have washed all the "fuzz" off, so mowing won't be such a nose-tickling job next time. Yay!

Here's a view from our driveway. Note the new lakes in the recently planted fields.


I zoomed in a little on that same scene. If you enlarge the picture below, you can get a better view of the hilly ribbon of road, which I think looks kinda cool.


Just a pretty tree stump:


Honeysuckle:


I was being followed by a Hairry guy:


The birds were very happy about the rain. Or maybe they were just happy that it had stopped! Turn up your volume and listen!


Yeah, I had plenty of accompaniment on my walk. Always there. I love 'em! At least two of them are "with kittens", possibly all three. And they're not the only ones! Yikes!

No comments: