Saturday, May 31, 2008

Poll Results + a tip

The results of the poll "What are you allergic to?" are as follows:

  • Nothing that I'm aware of (3 votes)
  • Pollen (5 votes)
  • Dust/dust mites (1 vote)
  • Mold/mildew (3 votes)
  • Pet dander (0 votes)
  • Certain food(s) (4 votes)
  • Certain medicine(s) (1 vote)
  • Other (1 vote)

The results are from 10 voters, so some have numerous allergies. I hope those 3 people who have no allergies that they're aware of realize how lucky they are!

A year ago or so, I was surprised to discover an allergy that I have. I'd been having stuffy nose problems for years, never sure exactly what was causing it. I occasionally used oral decongestants, then resorted to Flonase. It worked well, and I used it for about a year, but I really didn't want to be on medication the rest of my life, so I decided to do some online searching to see if I could come up with a good home remedy or something. In the process of searching, I came across a couple of different places that mentioned a slight allergy to milk could cause a stuffy nose. I figured it was worth a try, so I quit drinking milk for a couple of weeks. It really helped! As a test then, just to be sure it was the milk, I started drinking it again, and bam! My head stuffed up as bad as it's ever been. I quit drinking the milk again, and it cleared right up, and I haven't drunk a glass of milk since... and I feel much better! I can still eat cheese and ice cream, etc., which doesn't seem to bother for some reason... or maybe just the smaller quantity doesn't bother as much. But I am soooo glad to have found this out! (I take supplements to make sure I get enough calcium.)

Maybe some of you can benefit from that little bit of info., too. I passed it on to an internet friend awhile back who was also helped a lot!

Thanks to everyone for voting, and I hope you can keep your allergies under control!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nana nana --nana nana (scarey music--fog and smoke--spirits and ghosts--maybe your house is haunted. My father-in-law died in the same bedroom we now sleep in and he never comes back to visit---however sometimes I think the mother-in-law drops in to see if I am taking care of things to her satisfaction. (:-) But you built your home new and no one else has ever occupied that house. Go figure. Do you have an open heat duct? Secret passageway? Maybe your cat has his own " beam me up (down) Scottie" transmitter. Grace